Technical Field Manager – Team Leader, Middle East
The starting salary package for this position is £79,154 (approx. $96,329 USD) including all allowances.
About the role:
As a senior technical manager, you will be responsible for ensuring quality, safety and efficiency in our humanitarian mine clearance and EOD/High Risk Search operations. You will hold a recognisable EOD and IED qualification and have extensive experience of implementing efficient clearance operations in challenging environments. Working closely with and reporting to the Technical Operations Manager, you will be accountable for ensuring the highest quality of programming. You will also support the Technical Operations Manager in developing the programmes technical strategy, plans, proposals budgets and technical training in addition to managing and overseeing the performance and development of our Technical Field Managers.
You must be qualified to a minimum of IMAS EOD 3 and have technical knowledge of mines, unexploded ordnance and IEDs. The post holder will also need to be familiar with IEDD and High Risk Search operations through working for a similar organisation, in either the humanitarian, commercial sector or military/civil service sectors.
You must have excellent people management skills with extensive experience of leading and motivating a team. The post holder will also be required to have strong project management skills with the ability to coordinate, design, manage, improve and report on technical operations. This is a demanding yet highly rewarding position that will be suited to a highly motivated, solution-focused and flexible manager. You will need previous experience of managing all phases of large-scale technical operations.
MAG staff are rewarded with generous benefits:
• Salary: The starting salary package for this position is £79,154 / approx. $96,329 USD per annum and this increases with service.
• Accommodation: MAG will provide accommodation in-country.
• Leave: We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. You'll have a minimum of six/eight weeks out of the programme per year. As the Middle East is considered a hardship posting you will receive an additional 10 days leave.
• Flights: MAG provides three international flights home per year (for permanent contracts)
• Insurance: All international staff are automatically covered by MAG's comprehensive insurance package including: Personal accident and medical expenses insurance; Death by natural causes insurance and access to 24-hour medical assistance including evacuation and repatriation.
Please see the candidate information sheet in the application pack for further details on these benefits.
Please note that as part of MAG's commitment to safeguarding, this post is subject to background checks before an offer of employment is confirmed.
How to apply
For further information about this opportunity, as well as the application form, please download the application pack below:
Please return the Application form to email@example.com by the closing date of 15th September 2019. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are not able to respond to every application. If you have not heard back from us within 3 weeks of applying, it means that your application has not been successful.