Technical Field Manager, Iraq
To begin as soon as possible.
The starting salary package for this position is £69,654 GBP / approx. $92,950 USD including all allowances.
About the Iraq programme:
Following decades of conflict, Iraq is heavily contaminated with landmines and other unexploded ordnance (UXO) and the ongoing regional crisis has added to the scale of this problem. MAG has been working in Iraq since 1992 and after expansion into new area over the past 12 months; we currently have 700 national staff and 88 teams operating in 6 areas in northern Iraq. By clearing hazardous areas, MAG has enabled new schools, roads and hospitals to be built, opened up vital trade routes and allowed communities to use their farming land in safety, giving them greater food security and an escape from poverty. Most recently, our work has supported the safe expansion or establishment of camps for displaced people and clearance of areas of return, as well as delivering life-saving risk education for those fleeing the violence.
About the role:
Our Technical Field Managers are the core of our work and actively manage and lead our teams of national staff to safely implement our life saving mine clearance and EOD projects. They must be willing to lead from the front, responsible for the day-to-day management of our technical teams and being involved in all aspects of MAG’s lifesaving work, including administration, cashbooks, procurement, reporting and planning. Roles can often be in remote locations, working in challenging contexts, TFM’s in Iraq work autonomously each running a base and the relevant teams in their area of operation. The life-saving impact the work has on local communities is very real, and rewarding. This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in MAG’s life-saving work on a day-to-day basis.
You must be qualified to IMAS EOD 3, preferably with experience of working within the HMA sector. It would be beneficial to be qualified (EOD3+) or experienced in IEDD or High Risk Search operations, through working for a similar organisation, either in the humanitarian, commercial sector or military/civil service sectors. You must be willing to take on the physical challenges of working in a ‘hands on’ role in hostile environments, as part of a flexible and committed team.
MAG staff are rewarded with generous benefits:
- Salary: The starting salary package for this position is £69,654 GBP /approx. $92,950 USD including all allowances and this increases with service.
- Accommodation: MAG will provide accommodation in-country.
- Leave: We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. You will have a minimum of six weeks out of the programme per year. As Iraq is classed as a hardship programme staff are also entitled to an additional 10 days leave.
- Flights: MAG provides three international flights home per year (for permanent contracts)
- Insurance: All international staff are automatically covered by MAG's comprehensive insurance package including: Personal accident and medical expenses insurance; Death by natural causes insurance and access to 24-hour medical assistance including evacuation and repatriation.
Please see the candidate information sheet in the application pack for further details on these benefits.
As part of MAG's commitment to safeguarding, this post is subject to background checks before an offer of employment is confirmed.
How to apply
For further information about this opportunity, as well as the application form, please download the application pack, below:
Please return the Application form to email@example.com by the closing date of the 24 March 2019 - applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and we would therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are not able to respond to every application. If you have not heard back from us within 3 weeks of applying, it means that your application has not been successful.