The total salary package for this position is £61,404 per annum including basic salary and cost of living allowance.
About the Angola programme:
MAG’s Angola programme addresses the problems faced by mine-affected communities by providing efficient, effective and safe clearance of land. In Angola MAG undertakes minefield survey and clearance, the destruction of Explosive Ordnance left behind by war. This is supported and enhanced by MAG’s community liaison activities, including providing Risk Education (RE) to the local population. In total the programme employs more than 130 national staff, supported by a small team of international staff.
About the role:
Our Technical Field Managers are the core of our work and actively manage and lead our teams of national staff to safely implement our life saving mine clearance and EOD projects. They must be willing to lead from the front, be responsible for the day-to-day management of our technical teams and be involved in all aspects of MAG’s lifesaving work, including administration, procurement of equipment, representation of MAG to local communities and Government, operational planning and reporting. Roles are in remote areas, working in challenging contexts away from home comforts, but the life-saving impact the work has on local communities is very real and rewarding. This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in MAG’s life-saving work on a day-to-day basis.
You must be qualified to a minimum of EOD 3 and have extensive experience of implementing and managing efficient minefield clearance operations, ideally in an integrated clearance (manual and mechanical) setting. Successful candidates will need excellent diplomacy and liaison skills to effectively build relationships with our national partners and authorities. You must have excellent people management skills with a proven track record of leading and motivating a team as well as capacity development of national staff. It is also crucial that the candidate is self-reliant and holds a high level of initiative as they will need to work independently and travel frequently within the country. Fluent written and spoken English language skills are essential. Portuguese language skills are also desirable. Finally, all candidates must be willing to take on the challenges of working in the developing world and working as part of a flexible and committed team, to save lives in communities that need it most.
MAG staff are rewarded with generous benefits:
• Salary: The total salary package for this position is £61,404 per annum. Please see the general information for terms and conditions related to this.
• Accommodation: MAG will provide accommodation in-country.
• Leave: We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. You'll have a minimum of six weeks out of the programme per year and this increases with service.
• Flights: MAG may provide up to three flights per year, depending on post-holder circumstance
• Insurance: All international staff are automatically covered by MAG's comprehensive insurance package including: Personal accident and medical expenses insurance; Death by natural causes insurance and access to 24-hour medical assistance including evacuation and repatriation.
How to apply
For further information about this opportunity, as well as the application form, please download the candidate information pack.
MAG – Technical Field Manager, Angola – Application Pack
Application is by submission of completed Application Form. This document should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 3rd November 2019.
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are not able to respond to every application. If you have not heard back from us within 3 weeks of applying, it me