The starting salary package for this position is £71,404 GBP per annum /approx. $95,300 USD including all allowances.
About the Iraq programme:
Following decades of conflict, Iraq is heavily contaminated with Unexploded Ordnance (UXO) including landmines and Victim Operated Improvised Explosive Devices (VOIEDs) in urban and rural environments. MAG has been working in Northern Iraq since 1992 and after expansion into new areas over the past 4 years; we currently have several hundred national technical teams operating across multiple provinces in northern and central Iraq. MAG conducts widespread land release activities utilising integrated methods and has lead development of IED clearance approaches in Iraq.
About the role:
The Standards and Training Manager (STM) will manage a Training, Monitoring and Evaluation Team (TMEU) with international and national staff to develop and deliver quality Training Management Packages (TMPs) at all levels of EOD and IED clearance competencies set out in IMAS. To implement comprehensive Quality Management Systems QMS) across all areas of technical operations in order to maintain safety, improve standards and promote best practise. To conduct incident investigations and prepare comprehensive incident and lesson learnt reports.
You must have a relevant and recognised EOD/demining/IEDD qualification or suitable practical experience. Have up-to-date knowledge on IED clearance in the middle east, knowledge of integrated mine clearance techniques through working for a similar organisation, in either the humanitarian, commercial sector or military/civil service sectors. Additionally, you will have specific experience of designing and delivering formal or informal training, as well as excellent organisational skills. You must be willing to take on the physical challenges of working in a ‘hands on’ role in post-conflict environments, as part of a flexible and committed team.
MAG staff are rewarded with generous benefits:
- Salary: The starting salary package for this position is £71,404 GBP /approx. $95,300USD including all allowances and this increases with service.
- • Accommodation: MAG will provide accommodation in-country.
- • Leave: We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. You will have a minimum of six weeks out of the programme per year. As Iraq is classed as a hardship programme staff are also entitled to an additional 10 days leave.
- • Flights: MAG provides three international flights home per year (for permanent contracts)
- • Insurance: All international staff are automatically covered by MAG's comprehensive insurance package including: Personal accident and medical expenses insurance; Death by natural causes insurance and access to 24-hour medical assistance including evacuation and repatriation.
Please see the candidate information sheet in the application pack for further details on these benefits
How to apply
For further information about this opportunity, as well as the application form, please download the application pack, below:
Please return the Application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of the 3 March 2019.
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are not able to respond to every application. If you have not heard back from us within 3 weeks of applying, it means that your application has not been successful.