MAG Vacancy: Programme Officer, Mali
The starting salary package for this position is £36,796 GBP/ approx. USD $49,000 per annum, including all allowances
About the Mali programme:
MAG has been present in Mali since June 2013. MAG Mali delivers risk education to ensure that local communities, refugees and displaced people in Mali keep themselves safe when exposed to the dangers of landmines and UXO. The programme is working with local communities to develop a network of Community Focal Points. This involves training men, women, young people, teachers and traditional leaders to share safety messages and collect data relating to accident victims and levels of contamination within communities. Alongside risk education, MAG carries out Arms Management and Destruction work, through bulk demolitions, as well as armoury rehabilitation and construction.
About the role:
Based in Bamako and reporting to the Country Director, the Programme Officer will have responsibilities for proposal development, report writing, grant management and assisting the Country Director to meet contractual requirements. You will work closely with both HQ colleagues in Manchester and MAG’s operational staff in Mali, coordinating programme information and data to accurately draft proposals, reports and assist the Country Director to monitor contractual compliance. You will also support the Country Director to create and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in Mali including donors, partners and other parties as required.
The successful candidate will need experience working in international aid or development, ideally overseas in a conflict / post conflict environment and be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently with minimum supervision. The successful candidate will also need to have fluent written and spoken English and French language skills. The ability to work in dynamic teams of national and international staff and produce written material of the highest quality is essential. The successful candidate should also have experience writing reports and proposals for a range of institutional donors and have excellent literacy, numeracy and IT skills. Fluency in French is essential for this role.
• Salary: The total salary package for this position is £36,796 GBP per annum – please see the candidate information sheet for full terms and conditions related to this.
• Accommodation: MAG will provide accommodation in-country.
• Leave: We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. You will have a minimum of six weeks out of the programme per year, plus additional hardship entitlement.
• Flights: MAG provides three international flights home per year pro rata if your contract is less than a year, plus additional hardship entitlement.
• Insurance: All international staff are automatically covered by MAG's comprehensive insurance package including: Personal accident and medical expenses insurance; Death by natural causes insurance and access to 24-hour medical assistance including evacuation and repatriation.
How to apply
For further information about this opportunity, as well as the application form, please download the candidate information pack, below:
Please return the Application form to firstname.lastname@example.org the closing date of 31 March 2019. Please advise us of any dates that you would not be available for interview if you were shortlisted.
As part of MAG's commitment to safeguarding, this post is subject to background checks before an offer of employment is confirmed
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are not able to respond to every application. If you have not heard back from us within 3 weeks of applying, it means that your application has not been successful.