Programme Officer – Iraq
The total package for this position is £34,696 per annum (c. USD $46,300 ) including salary and all allowances
About MAG Iraq:
Following decades of conflict, Iraq is heavily contaminated with landmines and other unexploded ordnance (UXO) and the ongoing regional crisis has added to the scale of this problem. MAG has been working in Iraq since 1992 and after expansion into new area over the past 12 months; we currently have 600 national staff and 88 teams operating in 6 areas in northern Iraq. By clearing hazardous areas, MAG has enabled new schools, roads and hospitals to be built, opened up vital trade routes and allowed communities to use their farming land in safety, giving them greater food security and an escape from poverty. Most recently, our work has supported the safe expansion or establishment of camps for displaced people and clearance of areas of return, as well as delivering life-saving risk education for those
About the role:
The Programme Officer will have responsibilities for proposal development, report writing, grant management, information management and assisting the Country Director in ensuring the programme meets contractual requirements. The Programme officer will be responsible for representing MAG at coordination meetings and leading on liaison with NGO/UN mechanisms as well as other key stakeholders, such as partners and donors as required. The post-holder will be based in Erbil, but be expected to travel to operational areas as and when required.
The successful candidate will need experience working overseas in international aid or development, ideally in a conflict / post conflict environment, and be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently with minimum supervision. The ability to work in dynamic teams of national and international staff and produce written material of the highest quality is essential. The successful candidate will have experience writing reports and proposals and ideally managing grants for a range of institutional donors.
MAG staff are rewarded with generous benefits:
- Salary: The starting salary package for this position is £34,696 per annum (c. USD $46,300) and this increase with service. Please see the general information for full terms and conditions related to this.
- Accommodation: MAG will provide accommodation in-country.
- Leave: We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. You'll have a minimum of six weeks out of the programme per year, rising to 8 weeks with service.
- Flights: MAG may provides three international flights home per year, depending on post holder circumstances.
- Insurance: All international staff are automatically covered by MAG's comprehensive insurance package including: Personal accident and medical expenses insurance; Death by natural causes insurance and access to 24-hour medical assistance including evacuation and repatriation.
Please see the candidate information sheet in the application pack for further details on these benefits.
Please note that as part of MAG's commitment to safeguarding, this post is subject to background checks before an offer of employment is confirmed.
How to apply
For further information about this opportunity, as well as the application form, please download the application pack, below:
Please return the Application form to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of 31 March 2019.
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are not able to respond to every application. If you have not heard back from us within 3 weeks of applying, it means that your application has not been successful.