Programme Officer – Chad
The total salary package for this position is £36,796 GBP (approx. $49,000 USD) per annum* including basic salary, hardship allowance and cost of living allowance.
About the Chad programme:
Over 30 years of civil conflict - including Libyan invasion - have resulted in extensive landmine/UXO contamination and large-scale population displacement in Chad. In 1997, the Chadian authorities signed and ratified the Ottawa Treaty and established the High Commission for National Demining to remove all mines and is now aiming to destroy all anti-personnel mines in areas under its jurisdiction no later than 1 January 2020.
MAG has worked in Chad since 2004 and has recently started a four year humanitarian mine action consortium project funded by the European Union in the Lake and Tibesti Regions. Since 2014 MAG has also been implementing Arms Management and Destruction projects across the country, working closely with the Chadian authorities to reduce the risks and impacts of unplanned explosions and reduce the danger of weapons proliferation for civilian populations.
About the role:
Reporting to the Country Director, the Programme Officer will be responsible for proposal development, report writing and grant management to ensure the programme meets contractual requirements. The Programme Officer will play a role in coordinating between different projects in country, as well as supporting the analysis and evaluation of the programme as a whole. The role will be based in N’djamena but will travel to other locations within the programme as required.
The successful candidate will need experience working overseas in international aid or development, ideally in a conflict/post conflict environment. You will need fluent French and English language skills. Working in a small team of international staff, you will also need to demonstrate the ability to work independently with minimum supervision. Ideally, you will have gained experience writing reports and proposals for a range of institutional donors, with the ability to produce written material of the highest quality in both English and French being essential.
MAG staff are rewarded with generous benefits:
- • Salary: The total salary package for this position is £36,796 per annum *Please see the candidate information sheet for full terms and conditions related to this.
- • Accommodation: MAG will provide accommodation in-country.
- • Leave: We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. You will have a minimum of six weeks out of the programme per year, plus additional hardship entitlement.
- • Flights: MAG provides three international flights home per year pro rata if your contract is less than a year, plus additional hardship entitlement.
- • Insurance: All international staff are automatically covered by MAG's comprehensive insurance package including: Personal accident and medical expenses insurance; Death by natural causes insurance and access to 24-hour medical assistance including evacuation and repatriation.
How to apply
For further information about this opportunity, as well as the application form, please download the candidate information pack, below:
Please return the Application form to email@example.com by the closing date of 17 February 2019. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are not able to respond to every application. If you have not heard back from us within 3 weeks of applying, it means that your application has not been successful.