Manchester City Centre
Starting Salary £37,452 per annum (£22,471.20 pro-rated)
Part-Time – 97.5 hours per month
The Mines Advisory Group (MAG) is a global humanitarian and advocacy organisation that finds, removes and destroys unexploded landmines, bombs and munitions from places affected by conflict. We make it safe for communities to use their land again so people can take themselves out of poverty and live without fear. We also provide education programmes, particularly for children, so people can live, work, travel and play as safely as a possible until land can be cleared. Since 1989, MAG has helped over 17 million people in 68 countries rebuild their lives and livelihoods after war.
We are looking to recruit a highly experienced Payroll Manager to manage the complete, accurate and compliant processing of all aspects of MAG’s international payroll (circa 250 employees across 25+ countries). As Payroll Manager, you will:
- Supervise the Assistant Accountants to ensure accurate processing of payroll changes, expenses claims and analysis of advance forms
- Review of monthly payroll reconciliations and resolve any discrepancies
- Liaise with Western Union, RBS and FXecute and ADP to ensure staff are paid on time and correctly
- Keep on top of changing legislation and ensure MAG is adhering to latest best practice and legislation
- Lead on the year-end processes including production of P60s and P11Ds where appropriate, as well as ensuring compliance and reporting for the annual Short Term Business Visitor Review.
- Assist the Head of Corporate Finance in preparation of HQ staff cost budgets and quarterly reforecasts, as well as calculating international staff salary recharge rates
You will need extensive experience of processing weekly or monthly payrolls, using accounting software/systems as well as working with a third party payroll provider. Detailed knowledge and understanding of current UK PAYE/HMRC legislation is also essential. You will be able to communicate clearly both verbally and by email with ease. You will be confident in prioritising a demanding workload and working well under pressure, whilst being organised and maintaining very high attention to detail. Experience of working with PS Financials and ADP is desirable but not essential.
This role is a part-time role for 97.5 hours per month, worked mainly during the second and third weeks of the month in line with our payroll-processing timetable. Exact working patterns with be discussed with the selected candidate.
Please note that as part of MAG's commitment to safeguarding, this post is subject to background checks before an offer of employment is confirmed.
How to apply
For further information about this opportunity, as well as the application form, please download the candidate information pack, below:
Application is by submission of completed application form. This should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 24thNovember 2019.
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are not able to respond to every application. If you have not heard back from us within 3 weeks of applying, it means that your application has not been successful.