Mechanical Technical Manager, South Sudan
Fixed Term – 3 months (Subject to funding)
The starting salary package for this position is £58,576 GBP/ approx. $75,400 USD including all allowances.
About the South Sudan programme:
South Sudan is one of the youngest, poorest and least developed countries world-wide. The 2013 outbreak of hostilities has led to thousands of people being killed or wounded, and hundreds of thousands of people being displaced by the violence. MAG has been working in South Sudan since 2004, to clear landmines/unexploded ordnance and deliver mine risk education to at-risk populations.
About the role:
The Mechanical Technical Manager will be responsible for the operation, maintenance, and repair of our MW 330, 370 and 240 assets, Pt-300 as well as our Bozena 4 assets. The role is responsible for training, assessing and monitoring all national staff who utilise these assets, working to build local capacity for humanitarian mine action activities. The role can often be remote, working in challenging contexts away from home comforts, but the life-saving impact the work has on local communities is very real, and rewarding. This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in MAG’s life-saving work on a day-to-day basis.
You must be a qualified mechanic with significant experience of working in HMA with mechanical demining equipment such as Minewolf, PrimeTech and Bozena. Additionally, you will have the dynamics to train Mechanics and have experience of developing capacity through conducting training and mentoring to our locally recruited operators and mechanics. Areas of operations are often remote with basic amenities, so applicants will need to be able to deal with living and working in challenging environments. You must be willing to take on the challenges of working in the developing world, as part of a flexible and committed team, to save lives in communities that need it most.
MAG staff are rewarded with generous benefits:
- Salary: The total salary package for this position is £58,576 GBP/approx. $75,400 USD including all allowances and this increases with service.
- Accommodation: MAG will provide accommodation in-country.
- Leave: We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. You'll have a minimum of six weeks out of the programme per year, rising to eight with service.
- Flights: MAG provides three international flights home per year (for permanent contracts)
- Insurance: All international staff are automatically covered by MAG's comprehensive insurance package including: Personal accident and medical expenses insurance; Death by natural causes insurance and access to 24-hour medical assistance including evacuation and repatriation.
How to apply
How to Apply
For further information about this opportunity, as well as the application form, please download the application pack, below:
Please return the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17th November, applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are not able to respond to every application. If you have not heard back from us within 3 weeks of applying, it means that your application has not been successful.