Mechanical Technical Manager, Angola
The starting salary package for this position is £53,976 GBP/ approx. $72,000 USD including all allowances.
About the Angola programme
MAG has been active in Angola for more than 20 years clearing landmines and other explosive remnants of war. The programme currently operates in the east of Angola in Moxico, Lunda Sul and Lunda Norte provinces. Landmine clearance operations are focussed in Moxico, some of the poorest and most marginalised communities in the country. Our focus is to improve the security and wellbeing of these communities by returning safe land for productive use. In the future, we also plan to develop small Arms Management and Destruction (AMD) projects.
About the role
The Mechanical Technical Manager will be responsible for the operation, maintenance, and repair of our MW 240 assets. The role is responsible for training, assessing and monitoring all national staff who utilise the Minewolf 240, working to build local capacity for humanitarian mine action activities. The role can often be remote, working in challenging contexts away from home comforts, but the life-saving impact the work has on local communities is very real, and rewarding. This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in MAG’s life-saving work on a day-to-day basis.
You must be a qualified mechanic with significant experience of working on Minewolf machines, in particular the MW240 with experience of conducting training and mentoring to our locally recruited operators and mechanics. Areas of operations are often remote with basic amenities, so applicants will need to be able to deal with living and working in challenging environments. You must be willing to take on the challenges of working in the developing world, as part of a flexible and committed team, to save lives in communities which need it most.
MAG staff are rewarded with generous benefits:
- Salary: The total salary package for this position is £53,976 GBP/approx. $72,000 USD including all allowances and this increases with service.
- Accommodation: MAG will provide accommodation in-country.
- Leave: We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. You'll have a minimum of six weeks out of the programme per year, rising to eight with service.
- Flights: MAG provides three international flights home per year (for permanent contracts)
- Insurance: All international staff are automatically covered by MAG's comprehensive insurance package including: Personal accident and medical expenses insurance; Death by natural causes insurance and access to 24-hour medical assistance including evacuation and repatriation.
How to apply
For further information about this opportunity, as well as the application form, please download the application pack, below:
Please return the application form to email@example.com as soon as possible, applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. We will be interviewing for this role on an ongoing basis and we reserve the right to end the vacancy early if we receive a high number of applications.
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are not able to respond to every application. If you have not heard back from us within 3 weeks of applying, it means that your application has not been successful.