Mechanical Support Manager, Syria Response
The starting salary package for this position is £58,476 GBP (approx. $71,516 USD) including all allowances.
About MAG Syria Response:
MAG has been responding to the Syria crisis since 2013 working to support the development from conflict by finding and destroying the explosive remnants of war, so that communities can raise their families and pursue their livelihoods in a safe and secure environment, free from fear of death or injury.
About the role:
The Mechanical Support Manager will be responsible for the operation, maintenance and repair of mechanical assets with associated spares within the programme as required. The successful candidate will also conduct training, assessment and monitoring of all staff utilising the excavators/front end loaders/backhoes in order to build a local capacity for humanitarian mine action activities. Overall, this role will be responsible for assisting the Technical Operations Manager to achieve maximum productivity in the team and capacity of all mechanical assets for a programme that has grown rapidly over the last two years.
You must be qualified as a Heavy Equipment Operator, and have experience in managing and operating multiple mechanical assets across different locations within a developing country ideally within the mine action sector. Our ideal candidate will have experience of working in a fast paced and challenging environment with the capacity to coordinate and prioritise in order to meet deadlines. You will also need previous experience of managing a team. It is essential that you are fluent in English language and knowledge of Arabic is desirable.
You should be aware though, MAG’s areas of operations are often remote with basic amenities, so you will need to be able to live and work in challenging environments, where the need for your skills and MAG’s work is most.
Please note that as part of MAG's commitment to safeguarding, this post is subject to background checks before an offer of employment is confirmed.
MAG staff are rewarded with generous benefits:
• Salary: The total salary package for this position is £58,476 GBP (approx. $71,516) USD per annum *Please see the candidate information for full terms and conditions related to this.
• Accommodation: MAG will provide accommodation in-country.
• Leave: We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. You'll have a minimum of six weeks out of the programme per year. As this is a hardship posting staff are also be entitled to an additional 10 days leave.
• Flights: MAG provides three international flights home per year.
• Insurance: All international staff are automatically covered by MAG's comprehensive insurance package including: Personal accident and medical expenses insurance; Death by natural causes insurance and access to 24-hour medical assistance including evacuation and repatriation.
How to apply
For further information about this opportunity, as well as the application form, please download the application pack, below:
Please return the application form to email@example.com by the closing date of the 29th September 2019.
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are not able to respond to every application. If you have not heard back from us within 3 weeks of applying, it means that your application has not been successful.