The starting salary package for this position is £45,004 GBP/ approx. USD $60,000 per annum, including all allowances
About the Mali programme:
MAG has been present in Mali since June 2013. MAG Mali delivers risk education to ensure that local communities, refugees and displaced people in Mali keep themselves safe when exposed to the dangers of landmines and UXO. The programme is working with local communities to develop a network of Community Focal Points. This involves training men, women, young people, teachers and traditional leaders to share safety messages and collect data relating to accident victims and levels of contamination within communities. Alongside risk education, MAG carries out Arms Management and Destruction work, through bulk demolitions, as well as armoury rehabilitation and construction.
About the role:
Reporting to the Country Director, the Logistics Manager will ensure that all procurement and logistics activity is carried out in line with MAG policies, procedures and donor requirements whilst maintaining appropriate controls and accountability, ensuring best value for MAG. You will have responsibility for developing the national logistics team and ensure the smooth running of MAG operational bases.
You will need previous experience in overseas logistics, procurement and vehicle fleet management, preferably on a larger scale for an international aid/humanitarian organisation. You must have experience of successfully developing, implementing, managing and monitoring procedures, systems and processes to ensure an efficient logistics and procurement function. You will need to be a dynamic, motivated, flexible self-starter, able to hit the ground running. In addition, you must be able to prioritise a heavy workload to meet deadlines. This varied role will require proven experience of managing and capacity building a team of national staff. MAG takes the conduct of its staff very seriously, and therefore you will also be required to demonstrate impeccable conduct and respect for others, and the cultures in which we work. Fluent French and good English skills are essential for this role.
MAG staff are rewarded with generous benefits:
• Salary: The starting salary package for this position is £45,004 per annum /$60,000 and this increases with service.
• Accommodation: MAG will provide accommodation in-country.
• Leave: We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. You will have a minimum of six weeks out of the programme per year, or pro rata if the contract is less than a year.
• Flights: MAG may provides three international flights home per year, pro rata if your contract is less than a year.
• Insurance: All international staff are automatically covered by MAG's comprehensive insurance package including: Personal accident and medical expenses insurance; Death by natural causes insurance and access to 24-hour medical assistance including evacuation and repatriation.
Please see the general information sheet in the application pack for further details on these benefits
How to apply
For further information about this opportunity, as well as the application form, please download the application pack, below:
Please return the Application form to email@example.com before the closing date 26 May 2019. Due to a high volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to every application. If you have not heard back from us within 3 weeks of applying, it means that your application has not been successful.
Please note that as part of MAG's commitment to safeguarding, this post is subject to background checks before an offer of employment is confirmed.