Manchester City Centre
£25,272 per annum (plus contributory pension)
The Mines Advisory Group (MAG) is a global humanitarian organisation that finds, removes and destroys unexploded landmines, bombs and munitions from places affected by conflict. We make it safe for communities to use their land again so people can take themselves out of poverty and live without fear. We also provide education programmes, particularly for children, so people can live, work, travel and play as safely as a possible until land can be cleared. Since 1989, MAG has helped over 17 million people in 40 countries rebuild their lives and livelihoods after war.
We are looking for an exceptional IT Support Officer to join our dynamic and successful IT team. This is a fantastic opportunity to a join an international charity that shared the 1997 Nobel Peace-Prize.
This role, based at our Manchester HQ, is responsible for providing IT Support and administration to MAG employees around the world in a timely and efficient manner. You will be the central point of contact liaising with international IT Technicians for all IT related requests, issues and queries.
The successful candidate will be working with our HQ team, as well as remotely with our programmes overseas, so excellent communication and time management skills are a must. You will also have great team-working and high quality customer support abilities, and be able to take on new challenges with enthusiasm and commitment.
Finally, you will be well versed in the following technical areas, which are essential for the role:
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS (versions 7, 8 & 10) and Office suites (up to Office 365)
• Knowledge of Active Directory (and ideally Azure Active Directory)
• Knowledge of computer hardware including desktops, laptops, components, printers and other peripheral devices
• Understanding of networking fundamentals and standard networking hardware
• Ability to maintain records with high degree of accuracy and to report on data
• Ability to install and configure hardware and software according to set procedure
• Understanding of anti-virus, malware and basic security concepts
• Ability to provide high quality technical support to users, face-to-face and remotely
• Ability to explain solutions in a clear and concise manner
Please note that as part of MAG's commitment to safeguarding, this post is subject to background checks before an offer of employment is confirmed.
How to apply
For further information about this opportunity, as well as the application form, please download the candidate information pack, below:
Application is by submission of completed application form. This should be sent to email@example.com by the closing date of 3rdNovember 2019.
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are not able to respond to every application. If you have not heard back from us within 3 weeks of applying, it means that your application has not been successful.