Head of Support Services
Location: Nabatieh, Lebanon
The starting salary package for this position is £52,404 GBP / approx. $69,950 USD including all allowances.
About the Lebanon programme:
MAG has been operating in Lebanon since 2000, when MAG first undertook an assessment mission to evaluate the country’s landmine problem, after years of civil war and the 2006 hostilities. MAG works closely with the national demining authority, the LMAC, who task and monitor MAG’s activities in support of the long-term plan which aims to achieve “a Lebanon free from the impact of landmines by 2020”
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to use your skills in project and people management to lead a team of national staff across key support functions. Reporting to the Country Director, you will be responsible for providing leadership and oversight in finance, logistics and procurement, vehicle fleet, IT, HR and other support functions on a day to day, as well as on a longer term project basis. You will be key in ensuring that all programme support services systems are robust and are working to enhance efficiency and minimise risk, with responsibility for developing and mentoring experienced national staff. This is an opportunity to use your experience in successfully designing, implementing, managing and monitoring support systems and processes in an interesting and diverse programme.
As a key strategic and senior manager in the programme, you will be a member of the Senior Management Team. You will also act as the Senior Manager in Country as and when required which will provide a fantastic opportunity to use your skills in leadership and programme management.
Previous experience in the mine action sector is not essential but you will need experience in support services management roles, in an international aid/humanitarian organisation. You will be required to work with internal and external stakeholders and the successful candidate will therefore need to be able to demonstrate tact, diplomacy and tenacity, in addition to being dynamic, motivated and a flexible self-starter. You will also need experience of having developed successful relationships and negotiated with donors, government bodies and other NGOs/local partners. You will have previous experience managing a wide range of support services functions and systems, ideally supporting large scale projects. Our ideal candidate will have a flexible and proactive approach to work, able to prioritise a heavy workload, and enjoy working with a multi-cultural team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced support services manager to take the next step in their career and grow their skills in a senior, varied and autonomous role.
MAG staff are rewarded with generous benefits:
- Salary: The starting salary package for this position £52,404 GBP /approx. $69,950 USD per annum and this increases with service.
- Accommodation: MAG will provide accommodation in-country.
- Leave: We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. You'll have a minimum of six weeks out of the programme per year (for permanent contracts)
- Flights: MAG provides three international flights home per year (for permanent contracts)
- Insurance: All international staff are automatically covered by MAG's comprehensive insurance package including: Personal accident and medical expenses insurance; Death by natural causes insurance and access to 24-hour medical assistance including evacuation and repatriation.
- There is potential for this role to attract accompanied status benefits. Details will be discussed with candidates during interviews but please get in touch with us should you wish to discuss in more detail.
Please see the candidate information sheet in the application pack for further details on these benefits.
As part of MAG's commitment to safeguarding, this post is subject to background checks before an offer of employment is confirmed.
How to apply
For further information about this opportunity, as well as the application form, please download the application pack, below:
Please return the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 24 March 2019 – applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and we would therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are not able to respond to every application. If you have not heard back from us within 3 weeks of applying, it means that your application has not been successful.