Digital Explosive Ordnance Risk Education (“EORE”) Volunteer
Work from Home
Reasonable paid expenses
Commit 4 to 25 hours per week for at least 1 month in duration
We are looking for a volunteer to join our dynamic and successful Programmes team in the UK. This is a fantastic opportunity to a join an international charity that shared the 1997 Nobel Peace-Prize. Ideally we are looking for an applicant who can dedicate 1 day/ 4 to 25 hours per week of their time to support our endeavours
The volunteer will support the development of MAG’s exciting new Digital EORE project that aims to reduce the risk of accidents posed by landmines and IEDS in five countries by providing risk education through digital channels. You will support the Digital EORE Coordinator to develop the project and play an important role in developing new solutions to supporting communities at risk of explosive ordnance.
• Research digital risk education and similar initiatives in the humanitarian sector
• Research country contexts to identify opportunities and trends
• Map MAG’s current digital risk education activities
• Help develop new digital risk education initiatives
• Help develop content that will help keep communities safe
• Develop a report on digital opportunities in mine-affected countries
• Develop a map of digital risk education initiatives
• Develop project briefs for new initiatives
• No direct experience or qualifications are required but a strong interest in the international humanitarian sector is required
• Good organisational skills and being reliable are essential
• Reasonable computer skills and an ability to conduct online research
• Hold a good standard of spoken and written English
• Have access to a computer and the internet.
• An enthusiasm to make an impact is a key factor in the ideal candidate
Please note that as part of MAG's commitment to safeguarding, this post is subject to background checks before an offer is confirmed. For more information on MAG’s approach to background checks, please click here.
MAG is committed to the principles of diversity, equality and inclusion. If you think you would be suited to one of our roles we would welcome your application regardless of your background. We strive to provide an inclusive and supportive working environment where all employees feel respected and supported in fulfilling their potential.
How to apply
Application is by submission of completed application form. This should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 18 April 2021. MAG reserves the right to call interested parties to interview prior to the closing date due the urgency of the role.
We are regrettably not able to respond to every application. If you have not heard back from us within 3 weeks of applying, it means that your application has not been successful.