Development and External Relations Director, MAG America
When wars end, land mines and unexploded weapons keep killing, leaving regions unnavigable and robbing people of their lives and livelihoods for decades. Mines Advisory Group (MAG) is one of the world’s foremost organizations restoring a safe future for men, women, and children who live in this aftermath of conflict and instability. MAG’s current operations span over 23 countries across Africa, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East.
Working with others around the world, MAG uses their core skills and distinctive competence to save lives through the removal of landmines and explosive remnants of war (ERW) and reduce the impact of small arms and light weapons (SALW) and ammunition on people and communities. Since 1989, they have helped over 20 million people in 68 countries rebuild their lives and livelihoods after war.
MAG is seeking a Development and External Relations Director to develop, manage, and continually improve a results-driven fundraising strategy aimed at increasing funds and to strengthen the organization’s relationships with its supporters in the U.S. through MAG America, the organization’s DC-based branch. This position will provide leadership and support to all individuals responsible for fundraising in the organization, including the Board of Directors and Executive Director, to reach MAG America’s fundraising goals. The Director will ensure that MAG America’s direct mail fundraising and global communications program is run in conjunction with MAG. The ideal candidate will bring to the team:
- At least 5 to 10 years experience in non-profit front-line fundraising, with an emphasis on engaging with individual major donors.
- Comprehensive understanding of non-profit resource development, including multi-faceted campaign planning, implementation, and management.
- Experience as a non-profit leader who has worked with a Board of Directors and directly managed and supervised staff.
- Proven success in identifying prospective major donors, cultivating and building relationships with major donor prospects, and soliciting major gifts.
- Experience with project and budget management.
How to apply