Country Security Manager, Syria Response
1 year fixed term contract (with possible extension)
The starting salary package for this position is £44,904 GBP per annum, approx. 59,900 USD including all allowances
About MAG Syria Response
MAG has been responding to the Syria crisis since 2013 working to support the development from conflict by finding and destroying the explosive remnants of war, so that communities can raise their families and pursue their livelihoods in a safe and secure environment, free from fear of death or injury
About the role
MAG is seeking a Country Security Manager (CSM) to manage the daily security requirement of the programme including work sites, bases, operational areas and internal guard force. The CSM will monitor and assess security conditions, and advise the Country Directors and Technical Operations Manager as appropriate. The post holder will also be responsible for developing and delivering safety and security training. This is a great opportunity to use your extensive technical knowledge and experience in security management to support an organisation working hard to improve the lives of communities in challenging environments.
You will have considerable experience of security planning and implementation, preferably gained in the context of relief operations in insecure areas. In addition, you will also have experience and knowledge of the Middle East context, including high-risk front line exposure in the region and the ability to analyse the changing security environment is essential. In addition, you must have proven excellence in communication and liaison skills with an awareness of diplomacy and tact. Accredited training qualifications and HSE and security qualifications are highly desirable as is previous experience of working in an INGO. Areas of operations are often remote with basic amenities, so applicants will need to be able to deal with living and working in challenging environments. Verbal and written English is essential for this role, with Arabic language skills being beneficial.
MAG staff are rewarded with generous benefits:
- Salary: The starting salary package for this position is £44,904 ($USD 59,900) per annum and this increases with service.
- Accommodation: MAG will provide accommodation in-country.
- Leave: We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. You'll have a minimum of eight weeks out of the programme per year .
- Flights: MAG provides three international flights home per year
- Insurance: All international staff are automatically covered by MAG's comprehensive insurance package including: Personal accident and medical expenses insurance; Death by natural causes insurance and access to 24-hour medical assistance including evacuation and repatriation.
Please see the candidate information sheet in the application pack for further details on these benefits.
How to apply
For further information about this opportunity, as well as the application form, please download the application pack, below:
Please return the Application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 25 November 2018. Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are not able to respond to every application. If you have not heard back from us within 3 weeks of applying, it means that your application has not been successful.