The total salary package for this position is £52,746 per annum including basic salary, programme management allowance and cost of living allowance.
About the Zimbabwe programme:
MAG’s Zimbabwe programme addresses the problems faced by mine-affected communities by providing efficient, effective and safe clearance of land. In Zimbabwe MAG undertakes minefield survey and clearance, EOD work (explosive ordnance disposal) and cluster munition clearance. This is supported and enhanced by MAG’s community liaison activities, including providing Risk Reduction Education (RRE) to the local population. In total the programme employs more than 70 national staff, supported by a small team of international staff.
About the role:
Reporting to the Regional Director, you will be responsible for the effective integration of strategic, programmatic and operational management and the development of new business, in compliance with contractual obligations and MAG’s mission and mandate. You will have a wide variety of strategic responsibilities including contract management, donor liaison, business development, people management, security management, capacity building and risk management. This senior role will provide you with the opportunity to use your people management skills, leading a diverse team of international and national staff operating across a geographically varied environment. You will also have the opportunity to use your skills in business development and stakeholder management, to take a leading role in donor development, identifying funding opportunities in a demanding donor environment, and working with a wide range of national and international actors.
As well as demonstrable skills in people, project and financial management, you will need previous experience working overseas in senior management roles and managing and leading large scale projects and/or programmes, from project design through to contract delivery. You will have demonstrable experience of working in complex political environments that require tact, sensitivity and relationship-building skills. Previous experience in the mine action sector is highly desirable, however we welcome applications from experienced managers from any development sector.
MAG staff are rewarded with generous benefits:
• Salary: The total salary package for this position is £52,746 per annum. Please see the general information for terms and conditions related to this.
• Accommodation: MAG will provide accommodation in-country.
• Leave: We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. You'll have a minimum of six weeks out of the programme per year and this increases with service.
• Flights: MAG may provide up to three flights per year, depending on post-holder circumstance
• Insurance: All international staff are automatically covered by MAG's comprehensive insurance package including: Personal accident and medical expenses insurance; Death by natural causes insurance and access to 24-hour medical assistance including evacuation and repatriation.
How to apply
For further information about this opportunity, as well as the application form, please download the candidate information pack:
Application is by submission of completed Application Form. This document should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 27th October 2019.
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are not able to respond to every application. If you have not heard back from us within 3 weeks of applying, it means that your application has not been successful.