Country Director, Bosnia and Herzegovina
The total salary package for this position is £52,746 GBP (approx. $70,055 USD) per annum including basic salary and cost of living allowance.
About the Bosnia and Herzegovina Programme:
Bosnia and Herzegovina was one of the first states to sign the Anti-Personnel Mine Ban Convention in 1997, but more than 20 years later there is still a lot of work to do. The Bosnia and Herzegovina Mine Action Centre (BHMAC) estimates that approximately 1,100 square kilometres remains contaminated by mines and other explosive remnants of war. This directly affects nearly 1,500 communities which is more than half a million people, or approximately 15% of the total population.
About the role:
MAG is recruiting a Country Director to lead our Bosnia and Herzegovina programme. Based in Sarajevo and reporting to MAG’s Regional Director based in Amman, the Country Director will be responsible for the effective integration of strategic, programmatic and operational management and the development of new business, in compliance with contractual obligations and MAG’s mission and mandate
Previous experience in the mine action sector is not essential however you will need extensive experience working overseas at a senior management level managing programmes. This should include experience of managing multi-funded projects, with experience developing new business and representation to the highest levels. You will also need excellent people management skills and the ability to manage support functions including HR, administration, logistics and finance. Finally, the successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of working in complex political and volatile security contexts and the tact, diplomacy and tenacity needed to lead this programme.
MAG staff are rewarded with generous benefits:
• Salary: The total salary package for this position is £52,746 per annum including all allowances, and this increases with service.
• Accommodation: MAG will provide accommodation in-country.
• Leave: We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. You will have a minimum of six weeks out of the programme per year.
• Flights: MAG provides three international flights home per year (for permanent contracts)/ MAG provides three international flights home per year pro rata if your contract is less than a year (for fixed-term contracts).
• Insurance: All international staff are automatically covered by MAG's comprehensive insurance package including: Personal accident and medical expenses insurance; Death by natural causes insurance and access to 24-hour medical assistance including evacuation and repatriation.
Please see the candidate information sheet in the application pack for further details on these benefits.
How to apply
For further information about this opportunity, as well as the application form, please download the candidate information pack, below:
Please return your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 23rd June 2019.
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are not able to respond to every application. If you have not heard back from us within 3 weeks of applying, it means that your application has not been successful.
Please note that as part of MAG's commitment to safeguarding, this post is subject to background checks before an offer of employment is confirmed.