Base Support Services Manager, Syria response
The total starting package for this position is £44,904 GBP per annum (approx. $59,950 USD) including salary and all allowances
About MAG in Syria:
MAG has been responding to the Syria crisis since 2013 working to support the development from conflict by finding and destroying the explosive remnants of war, so that communities can raise their families and pursue their livelihoods in a safe and secure environment, free from fear of death or injury.
About the role:
The Base Support Services Manager will have a wide range of duties and responsibilities including managing logistics, procurement, basic financial and HR services. The Base Support Services Manager is overall focal point for ensuring robust and efficient administration and field coordination for a MAG base within the programme. Another element of the role is representation of MAG when dealing with local authorities, other organisations and NGOs within the provincial area of operations.
You will need experience of working overseas in international aid or development, ideally in a conflict / post conflict environment, and be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently with minimum supervision. This is a varied role that will require proven experience of implementing and managing logistics, HR, administration and finance systems. As a security focal point in a high-risk location, you will need experience of monitoring a dynamic security situation. Our ideal candidate will have a flexible and proactive approach to work who enjoys working with a multi-cultural team. It is essential that you are fluent in English language and knowledge of Arabic is desirable.
You should be aware though, MAG’s areas of operations are often remote with basic amenities, so you will need to be able to live and work in challenging environments, where the need for your skills and MAG’s work is most.
Please note that as part of MAG's commitment to safeguarding, this post is subject to background checks before an offer of employment is confirmed.
MAG staff are rewarded with generous benefits:
• Salary: The starting total reward package for this position is £44,904 per annum including salary and all allowances and this increases with service.
• Accommodation: MAG will provide accommodation in-country.
• Leave: We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. You'll have a minimum of six weeks out of the programme per year. As Syria Response is, a hardship programme staff are also be entitled to an additional 10 days leave.
• Flights: MAG provides three international flights home per year.
• Insurance: All international staff are automatically covered by MAG's comprehensive insurance package including: Personal accident and medical expenses insurance; Death by natural causes insurance and access to 24-hour medical assistance including evacuation and repatriation.
How to apply
For further information about this opportunity, as well as the application form, please download the candidate information pack, below:
Please return the completed application form to email@example.com by 28th July 2019
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are not able to respond to every application. If you have not heard back from us within 3 weeks of applying, it means that your application has not been successful.