MAG is a member of the Fundraising Standards Board (FRSB), which is the body for self-regulation of fundraising in the UK.
The FRSB scheme is open to all fundraising organisations; members will agree to adhere to the highest standards of good practice with their fundraising and a Fundraising Promise. See below or visit the FRSB website for more information.
Click here for MAG's fundraising complaints procedure.
The Fundraising Promise
We are committed to high standards
• We do all we can to ensure that fundraisers, volunteers and fundraising contractors working with us to raise funds, comply with the Codes and with this Promise.
• We comply with the law including those that apply to data protection, health and safety and the environment.
We are honest and open
• We tell the truth and do not exaggerate.
• We do what we say we are going to do.
• We answer all reasonable questions about our fundraising activities and costs.
We are clear
• We are clear about who we are, what we do and how your gift is used.
• Where we have a promotional agreement with a commercial company, we make clear how much of the purchase price we receive.
• We give a clear explanation of how you can make a gift and amend a regular commitment.
We are respectful
• We respect the rights, dignities and privacy of our supporters and beneficiaries.
• We will not put undue pressure on you to make a gift and if you do not want to give or wish to cease giving, we will respect your decision.
• If you tell us that you don't want us to contact you in a particular way we will not do so.
We are fair and reasonable
• We take care not to use any images or words that cause unjustifiable distress or offence.
• We take care not to cause unreasonable nuisance or disruption.
We are accountable
• If you are unhappy with anything we've done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint. We have a complaints procedure (see below). If we cannot resolve your complaint, we accept the authority of the Fundraising Standards Board to make a final adjudication.
Comments and complaints
MAG is committed to the highest standards of fundraising practice. Occasionally things may go wrong or you may be unhappy with something we have done. We welcome constructive criticism and will react quickly to any complaints.
In the first instance, comments or complaints about fundraising should be directed to:
MAG, 68 Sackville Street, Manchester, M1 3NJ
0161 238 5486
MAG will respond within 14 days with either an acknowledgement of your comments/complaint, or a full response. If you are unhappy with our response to a complaint, you can contact the Fundraising Standards Board once you have been through MAG's complaints procedure.
Fundraising complaints procedure
• You must register your complaint with MAG within three months of the incident occurring.
• MAG must acknowledge your complaint within 14 days of receiving it.
• MAG will inform you of our response to your complaint within 30 days of acknowledging it.
• You then have two months to take the complaint to the Fundraising Standards Board if you are not happy with MAG's response.
• If you pass the complaint to the FRSB, they will acknowledge it within 14 days of receiving it and will inform you of the results of their investigation within 30 days.
• If you wish the matter to be taken to their Board of Directors, they will review the complaint within 60 days.